[theme-reviewers] Going around the Settings API

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Jan 18 14:28:09 UTC 2014

While I would like to see us get there, we don't currently *require* that
the settings page output its markup using settings_fields(). As long as the
markup is valid, and untrusted data are properly escaped, "hard-coded"
markup in the settings page is acceptable.

(I don't foresee that changing unless/until the Settings API is
changed/improved to include core markup for various data/field types.)