[theme-reviewers] Few queries about the new guidelines about WP Admin Theme Promotion.

Tikendra Maitry tikendramaitry at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 10:23:23 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have few queries about the new guidelines about WP Admin Theme Promotion.

http://make.wordpress.org/themes/2013/11/04/wp-admin-theme-promotion/

Can anyone please help me regarding this.

After going through complete discussion thread, I am still not clear about
the statement made in post or we can say in new guidelines:

“Adding a Theme info page is fine. Adding a Theme info page that promotes
other of the developer’s Themes is fine.”

I have two queries:

1. Am I still allowed to have a separate theme info page along with the
details of my other theme with respective WPORG theme download link, Theme
Demo link and upsell theme link?

In my opinion its complicated/confusing to have a tab for it, having a
separate page is much better as if user want(if he likes the theme) he can
go and check that info page for theme details and other themes.

2. If someone have upsell version of his theme then is he allowed to show
setup insctruction link and upsell version link on the "theme option page
only”?
Best,
Tikendra