[theme-reviewers] child theme functions.php question

emin ozlem eminozlem at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 03:46:10 UTC 2014

Sorry for kind of OT and rookie question, but I've asked this in forums and
did not get a reply, I'll keep it brief:

Is there a specific reason why does child theme's functions.php load before
the parent's rather than AFTER ?
I know php doesn't care for the order, but isn't it common practice to
define functions before they are used ? Besides since the purpose of the
child is to extend upon parent wouldn't it make better sense ?
I also see this in other code examples as
add_action('',some_action)
some_action

Thank you in advance.