[theme-reviewers] Theme promotion in dashboard

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Feb 10 17:17:26 UTC 2014

We currently allow developers to add a second page to promote other Themes
from the developer, so I would say that fits under that allowance.

But I really question if that second page isn't a step too far.

Maybe Cais is onto something: we add a guideline that Themes are
*recommended* not to display any upsell/commercial advertising in the
Admin, and then have the discussion, and let the community pose an argument
for why the practice should be allowed - or, from my perspective, why the
developer's need to do such advertising in the user's Admin outweighs the
user's need not to have advertising in their Admin.