[theme-reviewers] Links to plugin in the Customize window

ethan anwar ethananwar at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 15:39:16 UTC 2014

Hi again!

I'm reviewing this theme https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16060 and I found a couple of links to a commercial plugin in the Customize window, in this form:

"Copy-paste your MailChimp form's HTML below."
"This theme supports the WPChimp plugin. The plugin will create the form for you."

>From my past experience I understand that links to plugins available in the WordPress.org repository are accepted but I don't know about commercial plugins. On the ticket I stated that it's not acceptable but I'd like to hear from you guys.

P.S. Thanks a lot for all the support and replies I've received in the past from Chip Bennett and Otto. I never reply to just say thanks so I won't fill up the mailing list but know that I really appreciate it.

Kay