[theme-reviewers] Payment Option for Theme Reviews

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:45:03 UTC 2014

I believe the idea of "trusted theme authors" still merits discussion but
the "practice" does not actually exist as I understand the premise being
put forth.

Even as an admin (granted not as active as I have been in the past), all of
my themes (new or existing) pass through the exact same process as any
other theme author. Even after approved, I will not mark the theme as live
even though it's only two mouse clicks. We do our best to work within the
same guidelines everyone else works within.

For example, if one of my themes required an "emergency" update, I would
still ask another admin to make those two mouse clicks needed for it to go
"live" as that is how I believe the system should work. Sure, I could do
it, I know my code is generally good and solid ... but obviously, given the
circumstances of requiring an "emergency" update, I still miss things and
the second set of eyes is there to help not have that happen.

Edward Caissie
aka Cais.