[theme-reviewers] Theme naming guidelines

WordPress (thinkupthemes) wordpress at thinkupthemes.com
Sun Apr 20 23:17:23 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Just reading through the guidelines I came across a point that I'm not entirely clear with. The naming guideline states:

"Themes are not to use related Theme names (e.g. WP Twenty Fourteen, Twenty Fourteen WP, The Twenty Fourteen, etc.) in their name"

Has anyone come across a case where they've had to reject a theme on this basis?

For example, my theme is named "Engrave (Lite)", if I'm understanding this correctly would this mean that if an author submitted a theme named "Engrave" it would be rejected?

Thanks for any help as always!

Afzaal