[theme-reviewers] Abandoned/Changed Theme Name, Requesting Transfer

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Apr 18 20:45:28 UTC 2014

I think the question of *prudent* Theme name choices is a valid discussion,
but a completely separate one. We've gone down that road before, and
personally, I don't want to get into the highly subjective (and
controversial) issue of trying to be gatekeepers for Theme Names, aside
from the basics we've got established currently.

The more important (and interesting) underlying question here is: what to
do with abandoned (or changed) Theme names? Do we want to have some way to
release abandoned Theme names (that is: names for Themes that are in SVN,
but never got approved to be listed in the directory)? Or do we want to
say: once claimed, it's gone; just pick a different name?