[theme-reviewers] accessibility-ready tag

Joe Dolson design at joedolson.com
Sat Apr 12 16:30:48 UTC 2014

The process for handling this still isn't working quite right, I think -
there are 4 themes with the accessibility-ready tag that haven't gone
through the review process, to the best of my knowledge.

http://wordpress.org/themes/ward
http://wordpress.org/themes/infinite
http://wordpress.org/themes/nuvioelement-orange
http://wordpress.org/themes/nuviofuturemag-red

What can we do about themes that were missed in this process? I thought
there was supposed to be some automated keywords added for
accessibility-ready themes, but that doesn't seem to be happening, or at
least not consistently.

Best,
Joe

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:

> Once Themes are live, they are... live. At that point, if they claim
> "accessibility-ready" and aren't, then we're falsely advertising to end
> users. So, yes: Themes that claim "accessibility-ready' have to pass
> accessibility review before being made live.
>

> On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Srikanth Koneru <tskk79 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Do themes have to pass accessibility-ready test during the initial review
>> or do they get checked for that after they go live?

Joseph Dolson
Accessibility consultant & WordPress developer
http://www.joedolson.com
http://profiles.wordpress.org/joedolson