[theme-reviewers] GPL and limiting usage

Dane Morgan dane at danemorganmedia.com
Fri Sep 20 17:49:41 UTC 2013

I think part of why he feels ignored is because his point is that

1) We cannot have a theme in the repository if we promote or sell any
non GPL themes (and plugins?)
2) We cannot be on the commercial list if we do not have a theme in the
repository.

and this is where i start to get all fuzzy.

3) there is code that is not GPL, because you are not allowed to use it
if you do not have a current subscription, and therefor cannot really
distribute it either.
4) Moving the code to a plugin does not mean you no longer sell of
support non GPL code, but only that you sell and support it as a
separate, plug-able code.

I suspect there is some distinction here? But I'm lost as to where it
is. I'm honestly like some cartoon at a tennis match watching this.