[theme-reviewers] GPL and limiting usage

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Sep 17 21:37:50 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Bryan Hadaway <bhadaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's nothing for us to add to the new ticket
> (https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14369) that hasn't already been
> addressed.
>
> Hey, DMS looks like a really interesting idea, but in its current state,
> there are so many pricing, paywall, GPL and WP policy issues that this theme
> is abusive of basic user rights under the GPL, there's no other way to put
> it.

Last I checked, DMS is not approved at present. In which case, yes,
the discussion about it should be *in ticket*.

BTW, I don't review themes. That's you guys. Review. Approve. Don't
approve. No skin off my back either way. The theme reviewers are the
arbiters of what goes into the theme directory.

I was simply addressing the issue at hand. If Pagelines's latest theme
has severe problems then they should be told so. In ticket. By the
reviewers. Repeatedly, if needed.