[theme-reviewers] Theme Activation Hook

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Oct 24 16:49:02 UTC 2013

Note that at some point in the nebulous future, if your theme saves
"default options" to the database and relies on that working, then it
will very likely be broken-as-heck in the theme previewer. My long
term plan there is to make a database for it, then make the whole
thing completely read-only. No saving of anything to the database,
period.

So make sure you're using defaults correctly. Default settings are the
one you use when there are *no* settings in the database or anywhere
else. You should not rely on being able to "write" to anywhere to have
the thing work properly.

-Otto