[theme-reviewers] Questions about reviewing a theme

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Oct 23 15:56:46 UTC 2013

base64 encoding for CSS (i.e. images) is fine. It is PHP base64 encoding
that is prohibited.

Aesthetics are largely subjective, which is why they are largely left up to
the developer. But when edge cases fail (such as long site
titles/descriptions, nav menus with many items, etc.), then any design
limitations are required to be documented in the Theme, so that the end
user is aware of them.

Thanks for helping out with Theme reviews, and feel free to ask as you have
additional questions!