[theme-reviewers] How do the theme updates work?

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 02:02:55 UTC 2013

@Rohit - Writing to your original question (although typically Child-Themes
are the more correct answer), only the files included with the theme
package will be used with a theme update. This is important to keep in mind
if you remove a file from your theme as it will remain in any installation
of your theme prior to that change.

This is also essentially how page templates can survive a theme update.

Cais.

Edward Caissie
aka Cais.