[theme-reviewers] Front page displayes rule

ethan anwar ethananwar at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 18:01:22 UTC 2013

Hello everybody!

I'm the developer of the Parabola theme and on the latest update ticket
http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14798 I've run into a small
disagreement with the fellow theme reviewer.

Basically, the Parabola theme has a custom Presentation Page (front
page) that can be enabled or disabled by the user at will. It is enabled
 by default and when enabled it overrides the Front Page displays
setting under WordPress Settings. I've done this willingly because most
users were complaining that when they activated the Presentation Page
nothing happened, since most of them had something selected under the
FrontPage displays option.

Anyway, the reviewer had this to say: << It is required to show
blog posts if user selects blog posts in "Front Page Displays" >>

I can't find that requirement anywhere in the codex or in Chip Bennett's
 guide to theme reviews. Furthermore, in the codex
http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page I found this
statement:

<<If it exists, the front-page.php template file is used on the site's front page regardless of whether 'Settings > Reading ->Front page displays' is set to "A static page" or "Your latest posts,">>

I think that's our case and that's how it's always been. Parabola also
has a Blog page template for displaying the latest posts (with
instructions and everything), and the Presentation Page can be disabled
with one click. And I've had no complaints from users.

Thanks a lot for your time, I apologize for the lengthy message and looking forward to a solution to this.

Kay