[theme-reviewers] GPL and limiting usage

Josh Pollock jpollock412 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 01:27:43 UTC 2013

@Trent- Whether or not it's your company's decision to not let this issue
die, it is you and Bryan that are not letting it die. End result-  *to me*
it feels like a CyberChimps effort to get Pagelines out of the theme repo.

I dislike Otto's point about this being an issue of tricky language, not a
violation of the GPL, but I think he's right. I think that sort of thing is
a bad business practice and I wouldn't buy from them and I wouldn't do
something similar in my own business. But again, that's separate from
whether or not my freedom to modify and redistribute their product is
infringed.