[theme-reviewers] GPL and limiting usage

Josh Pollock jpollock412 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 01:06:47 UTC 2013

@chip-

We allow developers who sell through Themeforest into the theme repo if
they meet the "100% GPL" standard on Themeforest right?

First GPL licensed WordPress theme I could find on themeforest:
http://themeforest.net/item/purepress-responsive-retina-ready-portfolio/4720197?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=Dream-Theme

Terms- "Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users
are not charged for"  "This item is licensed 100% GPL." We've agreed that
Themeforest's authors who choose their GPL license option can be listed in
the theme repo. How is this different? The themeforest page says I can only
use it on one site. If you read the details link on that page it says "You
can’t Sell the End Product, except to one client."

What's different between that restriction, which I would never agree to,
and the restrictions on Pagelines, which I also think suck and would never
agree to?