[theme-reviewers] GPL and limiting usage

Josh Pollock jpollock412 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 00:42:09 UTC 2013

@Otto-

You misunderstood my point. Akismet doesn't work without an API key, same
deal with Jetpack. My point was that nowhere is Automattic saying I can't
remove that and redistribute my modified version. In fact I use Slim
Jetpack, which is a great example.

My point was I don't see where Pagelines is saying I can't do the same with
their API key in their pro plugin and redistribute my 'Slim Pagelines' so I
think the Akismet metaphor is irrelevant.