[theme-reviewers] GPL and limiting usage

Josh Pollock jpollock412 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 00:30:51 UTC 2013

@Daniel Excellent point.
Here is Akismet's pricing plans:
https://akismet.com/plans/

I think CyberChimp's arguments could apply to Akismet. The flaw in the
argument is that nothing on that page is preventing you from removing the
DRM and redistributing it, or using it with out an API key (sure it doesn't
do anything, but they made that clear to you) or choosing not to use a
DRMed piece of software.

TL;DR Don't like a DRM, don't use it.