[theme-reviewers] GPL and limiting usage

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 23:52:39 UTC 2013

*@Simon*

We're basing a lot of the issues on clarifications Andrew (PageLines owner)
made himself. We're not just pulling them out of thin air.

https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14116#comment:15

When asked about the kill switch:

"As described, nothing is crippled if the user doesn't pay for pro. When
they don't, it simply removes some editing capabilities. Nothing
destructive or visual to end users."

He's directly contradicting himself, he's saying nothing is limited and
then saying it is in the next sentence.

It doesn't matter how little or how much something is limited, it's not
allowed at all.

As far as the terms "kill switch" and "crippleware" they're just quick to
the point words to help us all understand what we're talking about instead
of taking extra time to work out softer euphemisms and the like.

Anyways, are you now saying that Andrew was mistaken or that the issue has
now been fixed?

Thanks