[theme-reviewers] GPL and limiting usage

Srikanth Koneru tskk79 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 22:20:42 UTC 2013

It is not against GPL, GPL gives you legal permission to copy, distribute
and/or modify the software.
You can do all that with their plugin. (atleast pagelines say you can edit
out the restrictions)

Its not already paid for, plugin is not just $8.

I always thought this wasn't allowed as per WPORG policy, but Otto/Nacin
says it is so it is. Maybe their higher up's may overrule them and until
they do its allowed under WPORG policy.

Its not morally/ethically wrong because they are putting the pricing plan
upfront, users are buying knowing that they have to pay a monthly fee.