[theme-reviewers] Custom Post Metas in the Theme

Rohit Tripathi rohitink at live.com
Fri Nov 22 07:58:17 UTC 2013

I recently approved a theme: Anew. But, later on the ticket was opened, and it was pointed out the theme is heavily dependant on Custom Post Metas for Implementation of Post Formats. I Obviously understand, that why its unacceptable. But, i didn't look in the Add New Post section of the theme. So, I clearly missed it.
Another Theme from the Same Author, which is currently a Featured Theme: http://wordpress.org/themes/hueman/ also depends a lot on Custom Post Meta for implemention Post Formats, violating the WPORG's Functionality Guidelines. Those issues need to be resolved, as users who switch away from the theme would loose significant amount of data.
I am just writing this up here, as we reviewers should start looking carefully in the "Add New Post" areas, as we generally do not look there.
:)