[theme-reviewers] Asking users to review the theme

emin ozlem eminozlem at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 17:32:59 UTC 2013

I agree with Otto, asking the user to rate the theme may not always result
positively, it might backfire as well, so it's a choice really.
And yes it should have a reason to appear out of nowhere. For example i set
mine to trigger ONCE after 4 HOURS upon installation, also it can be
completely disabled without ever seeing it from minute 1. The reason for
this is
a.) There is no point in reminding the user with a permanent link, or
asking for a second time. Some people are just not like that, or dont care.
b.) It doesnt make sense to ask the user instantly upon theme activation,
since at that point the user have no idea at all. That's what i set it
after 4 hours.

So like i said, instead of a "unobtrusive permanent text link" in my
options page, i would personally prefer a "spammy looking banner that goes
away"

In the light of those do you think the way i did it would be acceptable as
in this link: http://s15.postimg.org/r387dufe3/revmes.jpg ?