[theme-reviewers] Default preview not showing

Afzaal wordpress at thinkupthemes.com
Mon Nov 11 16:19:43 UTC 2013

Hi Otto,

Sure. I'm using an options panel (Redux) which allows me to set the
default values of inputs. In the latest version I set a default
variable so that the homepage slider will show on theme activation.

If say I've used the options panel in the past, then I would need to
reset the panel to it's default position in order for the slider to
show. However, if the options panel has never been used (even with the
theme activated in the past) then the latest update should show the
options panel. This is because in previous versions no default value
had been assigned to this variable.

This is my first time trying to setup my own default layout. Could it
be that the default values aren't being saved to the database? If this
is the case I can assign the default to check if the variable is empty
instead.

I've added some links to give an idea of the layout I was hoping to see.

Actual Preview   - http://wp-themes.com/engrave-lite/
Expected Preview - http://demo.thinkupthemes.com/engrave-lite/

Thanks Otto!

Afzaal