[theme-reviewers] Theme Copy

Sakin Shrestha info at catchinternet.com
Sat Nov 9 20:58:32 UTC 2013

Hello Theme Reviewer and Admins,

I would like to bring to your notice that my themes are being copied to an
extreme and even the new theme company made the framework on the basis of
my theme.

You can take a look at my themes
Simple Catch: http://wordpress.org/themes/catch-everest
Catch Everest: http://wordpress.org/themes/catch-everest

Where I have my own Theme Options panel and functions. Then Following theme
copied by theme to 80% of coding.
Clean Retina: http://wordpress.org/themes/clean-retina
Attitude: http://wordpress.org/themes/attitude

1. you can take a look that their Theme Options Panel, it's almost same
with few design changes.
2. default value file attitude-themeoptions-defaults.php is copy of
catcheverest-theme-options-defaults.php and
simplecatch_themeoptions_defaults.php
3. you can take a look at their functions.php file inside
attitude/library/functions/. All the codes are copied. Also function like
social icons and everything. They have just mange to change the folder and
all. But functions are same.
4. Metabox is also copied. Look at attitude-metaboxes.php and is a copy of
simplecatch_metabox.php and catcheverest-metabox.php
4. you can take a look at their js scripts. For example, Slider script
attitude-slider-setting.js is copy of our script simplecatch_slider.js and
catcheverest-slider.js
5.    You can take a look at the shortcode
add_shortcode( 'the-year', 'catcheverest_the_year_shortcode' );
    add_shortcode( 'site-link', 'catcheverest_site_link_shortcode' );
    add_shortcode( 'wp-link', 'catcheverest_wp_link_shortcode' );

I can list more and more. If you want more clarification.

To the sadness is that my theme hasn't been featured. But our copied theme
has been listed in Featured Sections. This is really wired.

Regards,
Sakin
Catch Themes