[theme-reviewers] Some review queries

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue May 21 12:51:11 UTC 2013

Just started reviewing <https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12133

1. Is just "license.txt" allowable for License URI? I've always assumed
it should be a full url - e.g. <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

2. The author's site (as defined in Author URI) includes links to at
least 1 theme that is only available from Themeforest under a Regular
License. No mention of GPL.

3. According to the theme's readme.txt file, the theme is built on the
Foundation Framework (including images and icons) which has an MIT
license. I don't see that as allowable in
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Licensing>.

4. The theme includes a bundled font (presumably from the Foundation
Framework)  but I cannot find any details of its license.

I'm currently assuming that points (1), (3) and (4) are potential
grounds for immediate rejection. Less sure about point (2).

Whilst my wavering is partly based on my own lack of confidence in
reviewing themes (this inly my second theme review) but also on the fact
that this theme author already has at least 2 themes in the Repo. So I
would have expected some of these points to perhaps have been covered in
reviews for those themes. The last thing I want to do is reject a theme
when another has been accepted with similar "issues".

Mel
--
http://quirm.net
http://blackwidows.co.uk