[theme-reviewers] No More Private Off-listing Please (out of context)

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Sun May 19 04:40:47 UTC 2013

What does that have to do with the issue of people going off-list (from a
community discussion) to agree or disagree with someone because they're
afraid to do so publicly (the very point of this list)? How is that
constructive, how is that not anti-community, how is that respectable?

What this then becomes is politics, not community. I cannot be the only one
that takes issue with this behavior? Ironically though, the problem in and
of itself (which we're discussing) is that there very likely are people
that do agree with me, but won't whisper a word of it publicly, which
essentially invalidates an idea from being truly heard.

Have you ever seen a standing ovation, I mean a genuine one? I've seen
maybe one genuine one out the hundreds. But wait, we've all seen standing
ovations, how can there be fake ones? Well, because the typical standing
ovation works like this, a few passionate people stand up to clap, others
follow suit and eventually everyone stands or else they can't see what's
going on anymore.

Conformity is easy and natural. Doing or saying as you really feel is an
anomaly. That's why it's easy to suppress
yourself and jump on the bandwagon to brush things off as stupid, confusing
or just wrong like everyone else.