[theme-reviewers] Proposed criteria change for Commercially Supported GPL Themes page

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Sat May 18 22:39:22 UTC 2013

Okay, so back to the criteria:

* Distribute 100% GPL themes, including artwork and CSS.
* Have professional support options, and optionally customization.
* The theme company's site should be complete, well-designed, up to
date, and professional looking.
* The theme company must have at least one actively maintained theme
(i.e. updated within at least the last 2 years) in the WordPress.org
Themes Directory.

*@Scott *- I think that's great. And furthermore, you're dropping any/all
unwritten rules, correct? If there are still unwritten rules that will
still be applied I think those need to be disclosed and added to the
eligibility checklist.

Also:

"* The theme company's site should be complete, well-designed, up to
date, and professional looking."

Obviously, that's completely subjective and less tangible than the others.
I assume that's taken with a grain of salt, like a theme that is clearly
over-the-top "ugly" with a confusing design and flashing lights etc might
be denied. But, just because someone reading the submission looks at a site
and is like "Meh, that's a boring design.", is that really grounds?

Is it sort of a:

* We reserve the right to decline any theme shop.

Type situation?

Thanks