[theme-reviewers] Proposed criteria change for Commercially Supported GPL Themes page

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Sat May 18 00:19:18 UTC 2013

*@Scott* - Happy to see that you're following up.

*@Scott and Admins and List in general:*

However, I really should clarify my situation point by point, because it
really is being misunderstood *completely* and all you or any of the admins
need to do is put your preconceived notions aside, private conversations
that we're (the list) not privy to and actually listen to me.

*1.* My theme is eligible right NOW, but being denied, that is why I'm
concerned for it being accepted at any point in the future regardless. My
theme already meets the criteria. It was denied because my shop only offers
one theme. Okay, great that's fine.

Only, it's not even an unwritten rule as it's not being applied to anyone
else. Themes before, during and after mine that also only have one premium
theme have been accepted. That's pretty black and white, does that require
further explanation on my part of where I'm coming from, really?

*2.* I also had quite a lengthy conversation off-list (not my choice - I
hate off-list conversation - I think anything worth being said can be said
in-list, that's the point of a community) coming at me a bit more
aggressively in the same vein of "Bryan, don't you get it... we're trying
to help you...". No, of course I don't get it, I'm not a mind reader... I'm
not privy to your private conversations.

The content of this actual in-list discussion has NOTHING to with or even
comes close to mentioning anything about this unwritten "rule" and working
towards getting theme shops listed that were denied hastily in the past. It
has simply proposed a new unrelated idea for theme inclusion criteria. It
wouldn't take an intelligent person to pick up the subtext of this
discussion, again, it would take a psychic.

*3.* I want to reiterate again, even if I did somehow glean that this would
somehow be good towards resolving my issue (which nobody would) it still
doesn't address the initial problem in the first place. The fact that I was
denied for reasons that others were not.

That's not a rule, that's not an unwritten rule, that's not even a judgment
call, that's singling someone out whether intentional or not, the
end-result is the same, I *was* singled out, that is a fact. Maybe if I
received an explanation or acknowledgment along the lines of "Yes, other
themes were approved accidentally that also only had one theme shop, this
was due to the fact that we were backed up with emails and were reviewing a
bit quicker than usual..." or something along those lines. But instead, I'm
met with confusion or offense at what I'm trying to say like I'm just
speaking gibberish.

But the fact of the matter is, if you don't see the validity of my points,
you either have tunnel vision, aren't paying attention or are just brushing
me off.

On a final note, I'm not demanding anything, I don't think I'm owed
anything, this is a mostly free, volunteer-based community and their are no
obligations, it's a give and take situation. But, if you're going to have
something to say to me, especially off-list, you better have a leg to stand
on.

Furthermore, I am apart of this community. Some may not like that, hey,
even I don't at some points. But whether even I like it all the time or
not, WordPress is deeply embedded into my profession. Even if I completely
stopped designing themes and just went back to being a web designer, it
would still be WordPress. WordPress is so huge now, it's like Google in the
sense that it transcends being a simple piece of software and is actually a
public service that millions depend upon.

So, since I am indelibly apart of this community I will always be honest
and straightforward and speak my mind. Many people cannot differentiate
honesty and rudeness and that isn't my problem, that can only reflect on
the person perceiving.

If you managed to take the time to read through all that, thank you, have a
good evening, morning or afternoon (wherever you are) and I'm off to get
some work done.