[theme-reviewers] Proposed criteria change for Commercially Supported GPL Themes page

Josh Pollock jpollock412 at gmail.com
Sun May 12 02:21:00 UTC 2013

Scott-

Thank you for asking for the team's advice.

I know this is a difficult request to make, but having been asked to
customize some terribly coded "premium themes" I wish there was a coding
standard included in the requirement. Given that being listed ont hat page
could be seen as being "approved by WordPress" don't you think there should
be some defense for consumers against bad practices?

Also, I think requiring these theme shops to have a free theme in the
repository is a good idea, it actually partially address my first point,
since that theme would have to meet the theme review standards. My concern
is that this will add more themes to the review backlog, which is 4-6
weeks, and make it even harder for developers like me, who do not offer
premium themes to get our themes listed in a timely manner.