[theme-reviewers] Hidden IP field in theme contact form

james james at wpninjas.com
Sat May 11 12:48:35 UTC 2013

My two cents? I don't care what the reasons are for tracking IP or any other data. You are in my WordPress admin. You are adding things into my Control Panel that I use to administer my website. I am the supreme king in there and anything you do in my admin should be fully disclosed, period. Every other argument is pointless to me until that is settled. My admin, my rights. Add it, don't add it, but tell me what you are doing when you come into my house. :)

James Lawswpninjas.com
twitter.com/jameslaws

---- On Sat, 11 May 2013 07:14:15 -0500 Daniel Fenn <danielx386 at gmail.com> wrote ----

And the fact that webservers collect ip addresses as well. (apache,
litespeed etc)

On 5/11/13, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) <philip at frumph.net> wrote:
> Yeah, really not having an issue with it, there’s no rule or regulation
> against sending the IP hidden or otherwise. Mail’s generally have the
> originators IP in them to begin with, this is just making sure the IP of the
> ‘real’ originator since it will be coming from the users server’s location
> in the headers of the mail.
> Just to point out that regular vanilla WordPress collects IP’s of comments
> without notifying.

Regards,
Daniel Fenn