[theme-reviewers] Possible footer link violation and Open Graph issues

Konstantin Kovshenin kovshenin at gmail.com
Tue May 7 12:47:08 UTC 2013

Howdy reviewers! Thanks for all the hard work you're doing!

I came across a few themes on .org which I'd like to bring up:

* http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/manchester
* http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/tampa
* http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/columbus

First, the footer links are clearly SEO - "Real Estate Marketing" is
neither the name of the theme, nor the name of the theme company.

Second, all themes hard-code open graph (og:) tags in header.php which is
clearly plugin territory. When using it with a plugin like Yoast SEO,
Jetpack, Facebook Open Graph, etc., you end up with double tags, causing
double titles and descriptions when sharing on Facebook and other OG
readers.

Any opinions?

Thanks!

--