[theme-reviewers] Theme Concept and Code Formatting Methodology

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Mar 20 02:28:29 UTC 2013

The reason you don't find a lot of people who agree with you about
white-labeling is, honestly, that not a lot of people are interested
in developing white-label products.

In short: If WordPress was a white-label product, I probably wouldn't
work on it any longer.

I'm not interested in developing for you, the developer, in order to
help you develop for your clients. To be blunt about it, isn't that
*your job*? The way I see it, you're essentially asking other people
to make a product that is easy for you to re-brand and sell as your
own. For free.

Sorry, but no thanks. I'm interested in making a product with
widespread name recognition, made directly for the much wider pool of
actual live users, not for developers and re-sellers.

-Otto