[theme-reviewers] Question about implementation of theme hooks / template tags system

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Mar 18 18:15:41 UTC 2013

I think that the interpretation in the linked ticket is valid, and applies
here:

This implementation entirely circumvents the
WordPress?<http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/wiki/WordPress> Template
Hierarchy, and adds its own, custom abstraction layer. Themes are required
to support core functionality when integrating a given feature. I would
suggest that this requirement extends to the template hierarchy itself.

You may want to look at a combination of template-part files and custom
Theme hooks to accomplish the same thing that you're attempting to do here.

So, let's start the discussion there.

Is that interpretation correct? I I'm open to being convinced otherwise.