[theme-reviewers] What is your opinion on handling support

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Fri Mar 15 21:13:57 UTC 2013

If I had started building themes when WordPress.org had a good solution
for theme support, I most likely would've just used the .ORG forums.  At
that time, theme authors had to build up their own communities.  It's a
lot of extra work and headaches building up your own support system
(though you do get more control).

Other than not being able to get email updates for all our theme forums
(like we can for plugins), the .ORG support forum is a decent system to
use.  The infrastructure is already there, so take advantage of it.

GitHub is great as a bug tracker, but you wouldn't want to do support there.