[theme-reviewers] Custom Theme Features

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sun Mar 10 20:07:42 UTC 2013

The add_theme_support function is generic-ish, and it simply adds a
new entry to the $_wp_theme_features global variable, for
non-core-stuff. Their plugin probably calls get_theme_support() to get
the relevant information.

On the whole, I'm not against it, but I would caution both plugin and
theme authors that they should be using unique (prefixed) names for
this sort of thing, to prevent clashes. "woocommerce" is sufficiently
prefixed such that I wouldn't worry about it. But "bootstrap", not so
much.

-Otto