[theme-reviewers] Really Unique Theme

Dane Morgan dane at danemorganmedia.com
Thu Mar 7 16:29:45 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-07 10:22, Daniel Tara wrote:
> As far as I understand this is a barebones theme and "Style Tiles" are
> grid elements. I don't see any special case with this theme as far as
> the guidelines, I believe the author just expressed his genuine
> concern regarding the theme's uniqueness. Unless of course, as I said
> before, I'm missing something.
The purpose of 'style tiles' ( and presumably, this theme ) is to fill a
perceived gap some designers have between 'mood boards' and 'mockups'.
The theme would never create any kind of 'site' it would create pages to
show clients so that they can get a better feel for your design than a
mood board would give, yet not require the work of a mockup.

Supposedly this makes the whole design process more ... better.

Not sure where a theme comes in, but I'm fairly sure that such a theme
in the repository would confuse a lot of people who want to make a website.