[theme-reviewers] Accessibility Auditing of themes - next steps

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Wed Mar 6 21:15:48 UTC 2013

on 06/03/2013 20:47 Chip Bennett said the following:
> 1. Someone from your team edit the Theme Review Codex entry, to add the
> draft Accessibility guidelines:
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Accessibility

Joe and/or I can look after this. We'll be working up the new content
between us and then checking back with you for a final review.

<snip>

> Then, we have some decisions to make regarding workflow.

[...]
> My preference would be to avoid the middle-man, and just have the
> Accessibility reviewers simply perform full Theme reviews. That way, the
> "accessibility-ready" tagged Themes could get shunted immediately into the
> Accessibility queue, reviewed once, and then resolved
> (approved/not-approved). But, that would really depend on workload.

Oh - big workload alert! ;-) Right now, we're really light on bodies in
the a11y group and stretched terribly thin covering track, documentation
etc. Taking on a full theme review might be a bit too much long term
unless we can get more people involved.

Any chance of a compromise here? Could we "train up" a couple of
interested and experienced theme reviewers to reduce the load? The last
thing I want to do is slow down the review process because the a11y
reviewers can't cope.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net