[theme-reviewers] Denied From Commercial List

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Mar 5 14:09:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 6:46 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> Just briefly catching up with this thread. I think, at the very least, if
> "have at least 3 Themes available" is an acceptance criterion, it should be
> included in this list:

The commercial listing is currently undergoing a revamp. You may
notice that the list is smaller than it was before and many new sites
got added (a bunch more got removed).

Also, the "list" of criteria given on that page is not meant to be an
exhaustive list, nor is it set in stone. It will change as time goes
on.

However, I do agree that a commercial vendor with only one theme does
not qualify to be on that list. I would not set the limit of number of
themes at any arbitrary point, such as "3", but clearly "1" is too
few. Here's another unlisted criteria, for example: "You have to be an
established theme vendor." Anybody could throw up a website and sell
themes in a matter of about 30 minutes. Do they get on the list too?

WordPress.org and the people working on it will decide the contents of
that page using terms and criteria that we feel best helps out our
user-base and gives an accurate portrayal of the state of commercial
themes, as well as promotes the best theme-shops we can find. You're
free to argue about the decisions all you like, but they will continue
to be made using the criteria we feel are best.