[theme-reviewers] Question about removing default widgets

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Fri Mar 1 14:39:06 UTC 2013

I would be on board with that too (enhancing but not combining widgets).

We should nail out a guideline for this for the 3.6 guideline updates.
Here's the text from our original guideline for this that was never
added to the theme review page:

Themes may OPTIONALLY unregister core Widgets
If unregistered, Themes are REQUIRED to replace these Widgets with their own (extended) version

I think that should cover it.