[theme-reviewers] Formal Request for Change of Methodology.

Dane Morgan dane at danemorganmedia.com
Wed Jun 26 18:39:27 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-26 12:40, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) wrote:
> Yes, yes I am.   .. and it's entirely my choice to give my users the
> features that the theme has.
>
> If another theme wants to use those features, I would gladly give them
> code and be more then willing to help them add it to theirs; it is
> afterall GPL.
Really? So now, every theme developer, even those who are responsibly
using plugins for content generation, are required to hold your users
hands for you when they want to switch themes and keep their content?
Are you going to convert the custom hooks from a thousand other
developers to your theme when users want it one off?

If you just put content generation into a plugin and let the them
display it, as is intended, that all goes away. Simple. Beautiful.
Effective. Almost like Poetry.

Can you even convenience the hours this would take? Hours that could
have been spent building a new theme, or putting out a wikid cool plugin?

Suddenly the idea of the word theme or template is completely gone.

But, hey, it's all good. I do this for a living. I do that all the time
because i get paid to do it for clients who got roped in to one of these
things. I should be on your side just to ensure future work...