[theme-reviewers] Push live request

Trent Lapinski trent at cyberchimps.com
Tue Jun 25 20:56:01 UTC 2013

Can we please get a clarification on what the new review process actually is?

I'm still a bit confused.

I was under the impression the new admin only review system was supposed to set a theme as live shortly after being approved by an admin. This worked well for a few weeks, but as of about 7-10 days ago it doesn't seem to happening anymore and a dozen or so approved themes have been left unattended for 7-days now.

The new admin only approval / live system also simply created a new problem where we essentially traded a 7-day go live period for a 4-7 day approval. While it helped going live faster initially it hurt themes getting reviewed in a timely manor. Now both methods appear to be broken.

Currently a priority 1 review can now take 3-7 days to even get reviewed, and are now taking an additional 3-7 days to go live. This means a simple priority #1 diff review can take up to 14 days before it is reviewed, and actually pushed live.

There has to be a more efficient way to handle this.

Unfortunately even if a bunch if reviewers made it our mission to clear out the queue every day we're back to waiting a week+ to go live again.

Perhaps it's time we consider adding more admins and/or giving priority 1's the ability to go live shortly after approval?

-- Trent Lapinski
CEO of CyberChimps
Sent from my iPad