[theme-reviewers] Grandfather Themes?

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:55:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) <philip at frumph.net
> wrote:

> We all agreed that it would be case by case at that point, hence
> grandfathering.

I would say, although I no longer recall our conversation, that
"grandfathering" would be for the case-by-case exceptions (at best).
As far as the rest of the arguments (and I did re-read that entire linked
archive) I would still lean towards *not* grandfathering any themes for
much of the same reasons Chip brought forward in his response.

If an older theme absolutely requires code that will not meet current
guidelines the theme author is more than welcome to present their case for
an exception. If an exception is granted and subsequently over-looked by a
reviewer we will make every effort to address the issue ... and let us
remember "to err is human".

Edward Caissie
aka Cais.