[theme-reviewers] Fwd: Plugin territory

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Tue Jun 18 07:33:21 UTC 2013

This is true, there was a topic on Grandfathered themes and the outcome was as you said.

With the new methodology and guidelines I don’t see how people could have an understanding which themes to do that with, except I always considered the ones already on the repo were like that when I was doing reviews.

      Anyone have any idea’s how to make a consideration mark for that?  .. one of my themes has an alltime download of   468,351

Pretty sure there’s only a about ten thousand actually using it. (easel)   I haven’t updated ComicPress because it’s a ‘speciality’ theme and pretty sure will not pass these stringent rules if someone didn’t grandfather it when reviewing.   On github I made it do all the necessary things for the wp_head and functions.php changes; but there’s a ton that it does beyond.   ComicPress itself has around a few tens of thousands of users using it for their comics; although I wrote Comic Easel (plugin) to replace it and an easy Migrator plugin CP2CE to migrate from ComicPress to Comic Easel, people really are not lining up to do that.

So.. what types of things can happen to make it easier to acknowledge grandfather’d themes?

Chip?