[theme-reviewers] Questions on my first review

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Wed Jun 12 22:17:30 UTC 2013

I'm just really not getting why "Content Sharing buttons/links" is now
not allowed.  These things can very much be presentational in nature.
If any theme developer wanted to make custom sharing buttons/links or
design them specifically for their theme, I don't have a problem with
it.  They tend to work much better this way than via a plugin because
they fit within the design better.

I'm a big fan of these being in a plugin, but I don't have a problem
with theme authors adding this at all.

***

As for "Resource compression/caching", I don't see an issue with this in
some respects.  For example, I often make ".min" versions of JS and CSS
files (I include the non-compressed files too).  I consider it good
practice to cut back on file sizes on the front end.

If we're talking about building in our own WP Minify plugin into the
theme, that's a different story.