[theme-reviewers] Questions on my first review

J.J. Springer jjgspringer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 01:54:15 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to do my first review and I'm running into some questions. Any
help would be appreciated:

1. When I run Theme Check, I need up getting two warnings and a bunch of
other "INFO" lines. Is the theme automatically rejected if it generates the
following errors:

Here are the warnings:

WARNING: Found base64_encode in the file
admin/classes/class.options_machine.php. base64_encode() is not allowed.

    Line 489: $output .= '<textarea id='export_data'
rows='8'>'.base64_encode(serialize($jaguza_data)) /* 100% safe - ignore
theme check na

    WARNING: Found base64_decode in the file
admin/functions/functions.interface.php. base64_decode() is not allowed.

    Line 223: $jaguza_data = unserialize(base64_decode($jaguza_data));
//100% safe - ignore theme check nag

ALSO, are the INFO "errors" counted as errors and cause the theme to be
rejected?

2. If I get any error of any sort, I assume that means that the theme is
automatically rejected. As soon as I run into an error, do I stop and mark
it rejected or keep going and try to find as many errors as possible? Is
there a point at which I should just stop and send it back?

3. The theme that I'm reviewing is a child theme of twentytwelve and
therefore doesn't have the "required" theme template files (missing
comments.php). Are child themes allowed? Is there some special way that I'm
supposed to be reviewing them?

4. The person that I'm reviewing used a lot framework stuff that's MIT or
WTFPL licensed. Is that ok?

5. Author's API link is "under construction" is that ok?

Thanks everyone. I tried looking up the answers for these questions, but
couldn't find them online. Thanks!

J.J.