[theme-reviewers] Multiple theme authors

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Jun 7 18:49:48 UTC 2013

Please don't reply to digest posts.

And the answer is currently no, this is not possible. If you're doing
themes as a company, then it's perfectly acceptable to use a "company
account" for the purpose, similar to the way Automattic uploads their
themes to the repository using the "automattic" user.

However, there are two caveats here:

1. Company accounts on wp.org must be connected to real, working email
addresses so that we have a valid point of contact and so that you get
the theme reviewer emails and such.

2. For plugins, each person who is relevant here should have their own
wp.org account, preferably connected to a personal email address (so
that it will be valid if/when they switch companies), so that checkins
to plugins can be traced to individuals. You shouldn't check in
changes to plugins as the company account. This only really applies to
plugins, which can have multiple authors/committers. See Jetpack's SVN
log for an example of this in action.

These are not rigidly enforced or anything, but if we notice you
doing-it-wrong, we'll complain at you about it. :)

-Otto