[theme-reviewers] Theme text domain and function name prefix

Thomas from ThemeZee contact at themezee.com
Sat Jul 27 16:34:18 UTC 2013

Okay I can see the point that the prefix should be consistent in a theme.
But it is also highly comfortable for theme developers with several themes
to be able to use the same function names in their themes. Since WordPress
only allows to use one theme at the same time there is no conflict at all.
And I'm using my shop name as prefix in all my themes, that was never a
problem in reviews so far.

What's about a combination of author and theme name for unique phrases like
the text domain?

function prefix:  author-name_function
textdomain: author-name_theme-name_language
stylesheet: author-name_theme-name_stylesheet

Then there would be used a consistent prefix (the author name) in the whole
theme and the textdomain would also be unique.