[theme-reviewers] Credit links in footer

Merci Javier mercijavier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 23:56:35 UTC 2013

If used, credit-link removal options are required to be opt-in (i.e.
disabled by default, rather than enabled)

The guideline somehow translates to:

Theme authors are not required to provide credit link removal options.
However if the theme author provides such option, "then the default state
of that option must be for the credit links to be *disabled* ".

Why penalize a theme author who provides a user-friendly option to remove
the credit link? It's looking more like protecting a theme author who wants
to make it hard for a regular user to remove the credit link.

I don't recall that specific guideline last time I did a theme review. I
didn't see this new guideline discussed at all. Theme Review Admin's
prerogative?

Mercime