[theme-reviewers] Webmaster Tools IDs - plugin territory?

Dane Morgan dane at danemorganmedia.com
Tue Jul 16 14:54:08 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-16 09:34, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) wrote:
> Also I just checked the forums again, in the last 6 years there were
> less then a handful total and none of them were due to shortcodes or
> plugin content that one theme had that another didn't, although there
> was one was a custom post type issue but was easily explained and the
> end user got it working almost immediately.  If you know of any
> specific ones, please speak up.

Really?

People do not hire me saying I uninstalled NotsoAwesome Theme last week
and installed PrettyNeat NewTheme and my [coolbutton color=red
link=http://amazon.com/myaffiliatelink] shortcode quit working.

They say, all my links disappeared.

They don't say "I think the Google analytics shortcode stopped working
when i changed from my old theme to my new theme last week."

they say "Why did WordPress stop sending data to Google Analytics last
month."

You are asking the wrong questions because that is the only way to get
the answer you want.